Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sarah Greenberg: Review of Citizen Media

First off, I'd just like to say that I enjoyed this course very much. When I registered for classes back in the summer, I wasn't really sure what to expect with this one, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed, actually, the books I read for the book reports (my favorite was definitely The Revolution Will Not be Televised) and of course, the group work for the final campaign. If I had to improve the course, I'd say that we probably should have started working on our campaigns earlier, maybe spent some time with video editing as whole class so everyone could be involved in that, and not spent so much time on css.
I worked on the Nap IU campaign. I helped gather information for the website, and with the rest of the gorup, brainstormed ideas of the webisite and planned out the story boards for the commercials. I also provided on-screen help for the commericials, but only my hands and body are actually visible on the film.
In early discussion in the napping group, we talked about actually having campus wide "nap time", handing out sleep masks and stuffed owls, hooting on buses, and lots of other stunts to increase interest and awareness. If we had started this earlier in the semester, maybe we would have been able to get started on this stuff also!

No comments: