Thursday, December 7, 2006

Citizen Media Evaluation

I think Citizen Media was refreshingly different from the usual lecture-type intro courses I've been taking. The first part of the class, when we worked on making our own websites, was a bit difficult at first--if you didn't immediately take to HTML (and I didn't), the fast pace of the lessons could be frustrating, but once I got the hang of things it was fun to see what I could do creatively. Doing the Dormland Security campaign was fun--in addition to coming up with the basic concept, I did some design work (on the website and logo) and turned in a successful performace as Field Correspondent. I was lucky enough to have my idea go from concept to reality, and I'm surprised how well the whole thing turned out. Overall, there was a lot to like about this class, but it seemed kind of schizophrenic; once we got settled into doing whatever project we were on, we'd drop it and go to something else. It would be interesting to see what kind of work people could do if the class took things a bit more slowly. Oh, and you rock, Thom.

--David

No comments: