Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Evaluation/Final Report

Thom,
I'm not quite sure exactly what we are supposed to put in these blogs, but from what I gather, you want to know what we did individually, what we learned, and how the class was. So, that is what I am going to share.

I was part of the Drunk Bus group. Like everyone else in the group, I was involved in the brainstorming of how we were going to get our campaign off the ground. Together we all pitched in ideas for the website, which Kyle then took and produced. I thought of the idea to have a little flash animation involving the trash can, which led to the rest of the group adding their own comical scenarios. Unfortunately, we were too inexperienced with flash to make this work in the amount of time we had. I also suggested raising awareness of the midnight express by organizing to have posters of bus routes and bus route pamphlets on the buses and at stops. I also thought it would be a good idea to put our slogan "Do you ride it every night?" on the scrolling marquis of the other buses on campus. However, due to time constraints, we were unable to make it to that stage of the campaign. Having the other aspects of our campaign being handled by the other group members, I worked on creating a website fof Hoosier News with Jason. Not having a clue what I was doing, I was very pleased with the outcome of the website. Although it is fairly basic, it says what it needs to, and I now have a little more knowledge of how to make a website.

I came into this class completely inexperienced in the realm of media. I definitely feel like I have a better understanding of it now, but I am still a little shakey on how to use programs such as Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Although we only had so much time to learn everything, I feel that what I did learn was a good introduction to more advanced productions further down the road.

All in all, I really enjoyed this class. I really do wish we had more time for you to really get us experienced with all the different programs, but that is obviously unrealistic. Perhaps it would be best to get into the different programs earlier on in the semester, so that more can be fit into the class. This class has definitely inspired me to look into more media classes, and hopefully I will be able to take another of your classes in the future.

-Nathaniel Gold

No comments: